A real “Baroque pearl” is the Church of St. John the Baptist in Paštiky, near Blatná. It is the final work, and within rural religious architecture also a masterpiece, of the important Baroque architect Kilián Ignác Dientzenhofer. The church was built between 1747 and 1752 by the owner of the Blatná mansion, Countess Marie Alžběta Serényiová of Waldstein, on the spot of an older shabby church. On the interiors, the uniform work of sculptor and carver Ferdinand Ublacker and the ceiling paintings, altar and other paintings by the significant artist of the Late Baroque Jan Václav Spitzer create a harmonic whole. Currently, the church’s facade is under reconstruction, however the interior has been carefully renovated. The church is accessible during scheduled church services, cultural events and by appointment.