Lomec is one of the most important Baroque pilgrimage complexes in South Bohemia. The Pilgrimage Church of the Virgin Mary was built in 1692-1702 by the Count Emanuel Buquoy to house the miraculous statue of the Virgin Mary with a Baby. Next to the church is the Congregation of Grey Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis, originally the Buquoy hunting lodge built in 1709-1710. There are regular pilgrimages and Masses.
The main Marian pilgrimage is held on the Sunday following the Nativity of Mary.