Mitrowicz Castle

This fortress, originally from 1565, was rebuilt between 1737 and 1741 under the management of František Vratislav of Mitrovice. The residential section was extended and the Chapel of St. Anne was built, which bestowed it with a contemporary Baroque appearance. Located near the Lužnice River, Mitrowicz Castle has been very carefully restored after many problems. The castle interiors are richly decorated with frescoes and the castle grounds include a large garden.